The Forty Three pays homage to the legendary banner-era J-45, a classic design that has inspired us both as players and guitar makers. After working with the Buddy Holly Guitar Foundation to recreate Buddy’s 1943 J-45, we decided to permanently add this exacting replica to our range.
Direct and powerful, but with an easy-playing shorter scale length, it’s easy to see why this guitar has been favoured by so many singer-songwriters over the years. The big-bodied J-45 shape, combined with a Sitka spruce top and mahogany back and sides, delivers warm mids, solid lows and great definition. It’s a timeless acoustic guitar tone.
At Atkin, we pride ourselves on our finishes. Alister details, sprays and polishes every guitar by hand with our own nitrocellulose blend, soon to be available through Rothko and Frost.
The Forty-Three is available in two finish options, ‘Aged’ and ‘Mirror’. Which is for you?
- Top:Torrified Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides:Mahogany
- Headstock overlay:Ebony
- Logo:Atkin & Banner Decal
- Truss Rod:Two-Way (Soundhole Adjust)
- Fretboard:East Indian Rosewood
- Bridge:East Indian Rosewood
- Binding:Grained Ivoroid
- Bracing:Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Lacquer finish:High gloss nitrocellulose
- Nut & Saddle:Bone
- Tuners:Nickel Kluson
- Side dot fingerboard markers:White Celluloid
- Fret Markers:MOP
- Case:Atkin Oxblood
- Body Length:20 1/8"
- Body Depth:4 7/8"
- Lower bout width:16"
- Total Length:41"
- Scale Length:24 7/8"
- Fingerboard Radius:16 inch
- Nut Width:1 11/16"