This very special Historic Series guitar is a loving recreation of Tony Rice’s infamous D28, a guitar previously owned by Clarence White, hence its name – The White Rice! With its instantly recognisable enlarged soundhole and overhanging fretboard, the original guitar is generally agreed to be one of the best sounding D28s in existence. We set out to build a no-compromise Dreadnought that would honour this exceptional guitar and its legendary owners.
While our regular Sitka spruce and East Indian rosewood Dreadnought packs plenty of power, sustain and projection, this guitar is something else. Thanks in part to the oversized soundhole, which lets more air in and out of the guitar, The White Rice combines incredible power – in Alister’s words, “it sounds like a cannon!” – with an openness and resonance that is unique. Accurate in every detail, from the 45mm nut to the detailed custom relic finish, this is not just the ultimate White/Rice tribute but, perhaps, the ultimate Dreadnought.
Also available in a non-relic high gloss nitrocellulose finish.
- Top:Torrified Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides:East Indian Rosewood
- Backstrip:Zipper Style
- Headstock overlay:East Indian rosewood
- Truss Rod:Adjustable double action
- Binding:Grained Ivoroid
- Fretboard Binding:Grained Ivoroid
- Bracing:Pre-war scalloped bracing
- lacquer finish:Aged Vintage Blend Nitrocellulose
- Nut & Saddle:Bone
- Tuners:Nickel Gotoh Open
- Side dot fingerboard markers:Black Celluloid
- Case:Atkin Vintage Oxblood
- Body Length:20"
- Body Depth:4 7/8"
- Lower bout width:15 5/8"
- Total Length::40 1/4"
- Scale Length:25 1/2"
- Nut Width:1 11/16"