OOO37 – Relic
Our OOO-series (pronounced “triple-oh”) guitars are based very closely on the pre-war guitars which are revered by so many players. In the pre-war era there were a lot of spec changes with OOO-series guitars. Rather than give you a full history lesson, we’d like to let you know how we are currently making them at Atkin.
For our standard Atkin OOO37 without a slotted headstock we build as standard to the following specs:
- 15-inch lower bout OM body shape
- 24.9″ short scale length
- 14 frets to the body
- 1 3/4″ (45mm, 2mm wider than our standard)
- Rosewood Back and Side
- Sitka top and red spruce bracing
- Ebony fingerboard and bridge.
Our OOO37 is prized by players who love sweet, singing trebles on a versatile all-rounder.
At Atkin, we pride ourselves on our finishes. Alister details, sprays and polishes every guitar by hand with our own nitrocellulose blend.
The OOO37 is available in two finish options:
Retro: Featuring a cracked finish top, light staining and ageing on the binding, and a vintage patina, Alister’s retro finishes are totally unique in the acoustic guitar world – warm to the touch and still responsive. Model: OOO37-R
Gloss: Our flat high-gloss nitro finish creates a beautiful flat shine that lets the character of the wood and sunburst through. Just like a new “out of the box” pre-war guitar. Model: OOO37
- Top:Torrified Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides:East Indian rosewood
- Backstrip:Zipper Style
- Headstock overlay:East Indian Rosewood
- Logo:Atkin Decal
- Truss Rod:Two-Way (Soundhole Adjust)
- Binding:Grained ivoroid
- Bracing:Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Lacquer finish:Age toned relic gloss nitrocellulose
- Nut & Saddle:Bone
- Tuners:Nickel Gotoh
- Side dot fingerboard markers:White Celluloid
- Fret Markers:Mother of Pearl
- Case:Atkin Oxblood
- Body Length:19 1/4"
- Body Depth:4 1/8"
- Lower bout width::15"
- Total Length::39"
- Scale Length::24.9"
- Nut Width:45mm
- Fingerboard Radius:16 inch