The D37 – Relic
The most popular steel-string guitar of all time, the dreadnought is a design classic. The Atkin Dreadnought is based on the classic pre-war models of the 1930s. We’ve been building and repairing this style of guitar longer than any other and, as with the J-45, every vintage example we’ve worked on has taught us something different. With its deep body and scalloped braces, the Atkin Dreadnought puts out an incredibly strong, full sound. It’s one of the biggest sounding guitars we (or anyone else) makes and it really stands out when you’re playing alongside other instruments, live or in the studio.
- Top:Torrified Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides:East Indian Rosewood (with CITES Cert)
- Backstrip:Zipper Style
- Fingerboard Radius:16-inch
- Headstock overlay:Select Indian Rosewood
- Truss Rod:Two-Way (Soundhole Adjust)
- Binding:Grained ivoroid
- Bracing:Pre-war scalloped bracing
- lacquer finish:Age toned relic gloss nitrocellulose
- Nut & Saddle:Bone
- Tuners:Nickel Gotoh Open Back
- Side dot fingerboard markers:White Celluloid
- Fret Markers:Mother of Pearl
- Case:Atkin Embossed Hiscox Pro II
- Logo:Atkin Decal
- Body Length:20"
- Body Depth:4 7/8"
- Lower bout width:15 5/8"
- Total Length:40 1/4"
- Scale Length:25 1/2"
- Nut Width:1 11/16"
Press & Reviews
Retrospective Series D-28, OOO-28 & OO-28s
"'It's Clear that Atkin makes great guitars. It's also clear that he loves Martins, and in the Retrospective 28 Series has created amazing replicas of Nazareth's best vintage models.'"Guitarist Magazine - December 2015 Neville Martin